Brazil is known world-wide for celebrating beauty. Some of the most famous plastic surgeons and cosmetic surgery centers in the world can be found in Sao Paolo and Rio de Janiero. Surgeons use the latest cutting-edge techniques and offer patients facelifts, rhinoplasty, liposuction, or breast implants, with minimally-invasive techniques, quick recoveries and amazing results. High quality dental treatment facilities and ophthalmology clinics also can be found. Many patients travel to Brazil for weight loss treatments and surgeries, including bariatric surgery, as well.
High-tech, world-renowned facilities serve Brazilians and foreigners seeking the best medical care available, making the best of both worlds possible—a beautiful, exotic locale and top quality surgeons. Albert Einstein Jewish Hospital is JCI accredited and boasts several general medical specialties, while Ivo Pitanguy Clinic (named for the “father of plastic surgery”) is reknowned for cosmetic surgery.
While in Brazil, tourists can stay and recuperate at lavish five-star resorts and enjoy world-class sports, culture, natural wonders, and rich historical attractions. Magnificent beaches, rainforests, waterfalls, and caves comprise much of Brazil’s landscape, making it an attractive destination.
• Although quite popular, medical tourism is not fully supported by the Brazilian government, and clinics and hospitals are not allowed to advertise services. Finding a health travel agent to help you arrange your trip is advised.
• Brazil is the fourth largest tourist destination in the Americas.
• Brazil has 4,500 licensed cosmetic surgeons, this is the highest per capita rate in the world.
• Brazil’s economy ranks in the top eight world-wide.
• The Amazon rainforest is the largest remaining rainforest in the world, and is home to many unique species of animals and plants.